RSVP has been in existence for over 35 years and is sponsored by Harvey County. RSVP stands for Retired and Senior Volunteer Program. The purpose of the program is for RSVP volunteers to use their life experiences, unique talents and job skills to strengthen and meet needs of their communities.
To be an RSVP volunteer you should:
- Be 55 years of age or older
- Have time to volunteer a few hours a month
- Enjoy giving back to your community
How you can benefit from RSVP:
As an RSVP volunteer, you"ll receive:
- Volunteer placement(s) of your choice
- Opportunity to use your experience and skills
- Chance to learn something new
- Occasion to do something you have always had an interest in
- Paid supplemental accident and personal liability insurance
- Awareness you are making a difference
How the community can benefit:
- Provide service for seniors who are unable to shop for themselves
- Give food for the homeless and hungry
- Build housing for low-income neighbors
- Help law enforcement make communities safer
- Change lives by mentoring and tutoring young people
Getting involved is the key to RSVP. Your hard work can help solve problems and you"ll get back even more than your give.
Please fill out the registration form and send back to Harvey County RSVP, PO Box 687, Newton KS 67114-0687.
If you have questions, please call (316) 284-6881. The RSVP office is at the Courthouse at 800 N Main St, Newton; go through the Driver's License Office.