- Board - Board membership of a non-profit organization. Members are selected based on a particular area of expertise. Board meets one hour per month. Committee assignments may require additional time.
- Life Enrichment - Volunteers assist in the planning of and support of the Life Enrichment Series at Bethel College. The series, which meets each Wednesday during the school year, is designed for retired and senior citizens.
- Maintenance - General light maintenance.
- MLA Library Assistance - Duties at the library include maintenance of library materials (cleaning), organizing shelves, data entry, research and verification tasks using the computer systems.
- Tutor/Reading - Works directly with children, both reading to and helping children learn reading skills. Also provides program support for teachers and administrators.
KANSAS LEARNING CENTER FOR HEALTH
- Kansas Learning Center For Health - Come to the Learning Center the second Tuesday of each month, and prepare supplies for use by instructors which may include: Cutting Patterns, Counting out and bagging activity pieces, Folding and taping plastic pieces, Collating activity pieces. Serve lunch to kids doing education activities for the summer, encourage healthy living for children, exercise.
NEWTON HIGH SCHOOL
- Tutor/Mentor - Assist special education students with homework, reading, arts and crafts.
SOUTH BREEZE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
- Tutor/Mentor - Read books or listen to students read in an elementary school setting. Volunteers are encouraged to talk with students about their activities and stories read. Volunteers may also be asked to provide some one on one relationship building with at-risk students. Students will utilize this opportunity to complete homework. Volunteers can become a regular check-in person that encourages students in academic achievement. Individual tutoring assignments will be provided by classroom teachers when appropriate.
SUNSET ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
- Interpreter/Spanish - Volunteer will provide support for classroom teachers and the ELL program as a Spanish interpreter.
- Tutor/Teacher Asst. - Volunteers will work with small groups of students or individual students to help with cutting, grading or other classroom projects.