HARVEY CO DEPT ON AGING
- Council on Aging - Attend meetings and contribute when appropriate.
- Meetings - Contact persons greet persons. Assign persons to be in charge of food service. Find someone to set up tables, Arrange for person to run speaker system. Collect list of programs. Request check for speaker. Give meeting information to newsletter, Hesston Record.
HARVEY COUNTY/K-STATE RESEARCH AND EXTENSION
- AARP Tax Preparer - HV CO EXTENSION OFC/ HARVEY CO RSVP - From February 1 through April 15, volunteers will assist individuals of low to moderate income to prepare federal tax returns. Volunteers will counsel individuals in tax preparation or will prepare tax returns. Tax help is provided by appointment only.
HESSTON AREA SENIORS
- AARP Driver Safety Assistant - Assist instructors who host sessions of driver safety course. Assist in promotion of courses available.
- AARP Driver Safety Instructor - Instructors help class participants update their knowledge of the rules of the road, learn about normal age-related physical changes, and how to adjust driving to allow for these changes. Instructors also identify community sites to host sessions (such as libraries or community centers). Instructors receive the necessary tools and information to help promote DSP sessions through local newspapers and flyers.
- Advisory Council - Adhere to the bylaws of RSVP. Attend meetings regularly.
- Independent Living Project - Volunteers assist with community outreach projects.
- Office Assistance - Assist with the operations of office, including mailings etc. Be prompt and dependable as volunteer. Adhere to the rules of confidentiality of RSVP.
- Quilting - Volunteers prepare materials and assist in the making of quilts for fundraising.
- Senior Visitation and Independent Living Project - Volunteers will visit the elderly homebound, making sure the homebound are safe and in good health. Volunteers may also be asked to run errands and assist with light housekeeping duties to assist the person staying in their home, rather than move to a facility. Volunteers will provide companionship, which can include the playing of games, socializing and taking clients on walks.
- Store to Door Grocery Shopper - Volunteers will do grocery shopping for the homebound. Volunteer will either get a list in person or by phone from their client, then purchase groceries from Dillon's for the client. Volunteer will deliver reimbursement checks to the RSVP office for groceries purchased.
- Transportation - Transport clients/volunteers for agency upon request by RSVP personnel. Be an observant driver. Assist client/volunteer in/out of vehicle
- Visitation Project - Volunteers will visit senior citizens in their homes to provide companionship, help with daily chores and run errands for seniors.
HARVEY CO FACS
- Board - Attend meetings and participate in program development committee (PDC) by helping to prioritize the needs of the community, choosing programs that meet those needs, and identifying target audiences.
- SHICK Program - Counsel Medicare beneficiaries about Medicare A & B, Medigap (C), Prescription Drugs (D) and Long Term Care Insurance.
KS SUPPORT SERVICES FOR ELDERS
- Financial Assistant - KSSE - Volunteers provide in-home financial management assistance to adults 60 and older. Services include check writing, sorting mail, filing, checkbook balancing, bank statement reconciliation, record keeping, bill paying and budgeting skills.