CARING HANDS HUMANE SOCIETY
- Animal Care - Spend time with cats, dog walking. Volunteers handle animals to give them social time with human beings. Volunteers also may assist with animal behavior classes, and helping possible adoptees find a good match with an animal.
HARVEY COUNTY HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
- Board - Board membership of a non-profit organization. Members are selected based on a particular area of expertise.
- Service - Coordinator calls those who have indicated an interest in helping with the construction of a house or in providing morning snacks to volunteers on the job.
HARVEY CO PARKS & RECREATION DEPARTMENT
- Park Maintenance - Volunteers will mow, pick up rubbish and do general groundskeeper and gardening.
- Docent/Receptionist - Greet visitors, show introductory slide set, operate cash register and credit card machine, answer telephone, knowledge of museum to help interpret.
NEWTON PUBLIC LIBRARY
- Adopt-A-Shelf - Volunteer checks book shelves to ensure books are in order and dusts shelves.
- Board - Board membership of a non-profit organization.Members are selected based on a particular area of expertise. Board meets one hour per month. Committee assignments may require additional time.
- Enlite - Deliver books from library to those unable to come to library to check items out. Deliver items to library from homebound individuals after books are read.
- Friends of Library
- Genealogy - Look up obituaries on microfilm.
- Tutor/Teacher's Assistant - Read books or listen to students read in an elementary school setting. Volunteers are encouraged to talk with students about their activities and stories read. Volunteers may also be asked to provide some one on one relationship building with at-risk students. Students will utilize this opportunity to complete homework. Volunteers can become a regular check-in person that encourages students in academic achievement. Individual tutoring assignments will be provided by classroom teachers when appropriate.
ROTARY CLUB OF NEWTON, KS
- Board-Rotary Club - Performs board related duties such as paperwork, direction of the non-profit, and communication/PR.
- Community Service - Volunteers participate in community service projects as part of the Rotary Club.
WARKENTIN HOUSE ASSOCIATION
- Docent - Volunteers greet visitors, take fees and guide tours of the historical home. Volunteers may also be asked to assist with special events, gardening, cleaning and office assistance in organizing files.