This is a list of volunteer job descriptions for Sedgwick, Kansas. If a volunteer job description interests you, please contact our office to discuss it further. If you currently volunteer for a position and feel the description should be updated, please contact us so that we can update the information. You deserve credit for all you do!
SEDGWICK HEALTH CARE
- Group Activities - Assist in conducting group activities with clients of this agency as specifically instructed by the volunteer supervisor. Assist clients in participation in such activities in such a way that enables them to feel a part and use their full abilities to do so to the best of their ability.
- Meals on Wheels - Assist in conducting group activities with clients of this agency as specifically instructed by the volunteer supervisor. Assist clients in participation in such activities in such a way that enables them to feel a part and use their full abilities to do so to the best of their ability.
- One-One Visitation - Visit with residents/clients of this agency as assigned to you by the volunteer supervisor. Report all hours served in this capacity to the volunteer supervisor on a regular basis.
SEDGWICK SENIOR CENTER
- Board - Meet once a month, discuss pressing issues, events and decisions regarding Sedgwick Senior Center
- Building Planning - Meet once a month, discuss, plan and execute bringing in a new senior center. May later plan, discuss and execute maintaining the new center.
- Commodities - Deliver commodities to shut ins in the Sedgwick area.
- Department on Aging - Meeting on council - once a month in Newton.
- Fund Raisers - Assist with bingo, birthday parties, quilting, and raffles. assist with foot clinic.
- Group Activities - Exercise, dinner outings, play pitch, bingo and quilting.
- Independent Living Project - Volunteers assist with community outreach programs through the SSC.
- Meal Delivery - Take meals to the homebound seniors.
- Meal Site Assistant - Go to the nursing home and assist with meals to be delivered.
- Mid-Kansas - Meet once a month, find out about the status of state funding.
- Newsletter - Newsletter goes out once a month, needs help with folding, typing, and labeling.
- Office Assistance - Answering phone, assist with newsletter.
- Quilting - Quilting in a group setting as well as individually.
- Transportation/Shopping - Shop for fundraising events and taking shut ins to dr. appointments.