Discharge of Fireworks is allowed, if certain conditions are met, in the unincorporated areas of Harvey County. All fireworks allowed by the State of Kansas can be discharged in Harvey County.
Below is listed the basic conditions.
- Beginning at 8:00 a.m. and ending at 12:00 a.m., midnight, on July 1, 2, 3 and 4th, the discharge of Fireworks shall be allowed, unless otherwise restricted. In the event the Fourth of July Federal Holiday is observed on July 5th of any particular year, the discharge of Fireworks shall be allowed one additional day, beginning at 8:00 a.m. on said July 5th and ending at 12:00 a.m., midnight on July 5th.
- Discharge of Fireworks is allowed on private or residential property located within the unincorporated area of Harvey County during the dates and time established herein, and only with permission of any person or entity having an ownership interest therein. An adult residing on the property of having an ownership interest therein shall be in near poximity and shall supervise the use, explosion and/or disharge of fireworks on such property.
- Bottle rockets and other similar self-propelled firework(s) devices consisting of a tube and attached guiding stick or rod shall not be possessed, discharged, exploded or used, at any time.
- Discharge, explosion or use of fireworks of any kind shall not be allowed upon any public road, street, highway, avenue or alley or in any public park or public place within unincorporated Harvey county unless expressly approved in writing by the Harvey County Board of County Commissioners. Discharge, explosion or use of fireworks on any property owned by Harvey County shall not be allowed, unless expressly approved in writing by the Harvey County Board of County Commissioners.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to throw, cast or propel fireworks of any kind in the direction of or into the path of any person, group of persons, or any animal, or from or in the direction of any car, vehicle, motorcycle, or other means of transportation.
It is recommended to review the Fireworks Resolution above for further information.
Any questions regarding fireworks or supervised public displays that are allowed by local resolution under certain requirements, you may contact the Emergency Management Office at 316-284-6910 for further information. You will need to contact your local city office, for any information concerning fireworks within any city limits in Harvey County.