The mission of the Harvey County Environmental Program is to provide courteous and knowledgeable information regarding water quality to the citizens of Harvey County while enforcing applicable regulations to preserve the quality of environmental conditions in Harvey County.
- To enforce the Harvey County Sanitary Code
- Issue sewer and water well permits as requested
- Conduct soil profiles for construction of onsite wastewater treatment systems.
- Follow up inspections of sewer systems and water wells upon completion.
- Property Inspections for property transfers of sewer systems, water wells and water test are done if property is not on rural water system.
- Water for private water wells are sent to a certified lab and those results are returned and interpreted for the landowner.
- Provide information to guide landowners in correcting problems with their domestic water supply.
- Help in the application of available cost share monies for correcting failing onsite wastewater treatment systems.
It is recommended to make an appointment if you need to meet in person. The Environmental office is located in the planning and zoning office on the first floor of the Harvey County Courthouse.