Effective July 1, 2010 all applicants for a concealed carry handgun license will be required to fill out the new application form. Fees have been reduced to $100.00 payable to the Attorney General and $32.50 payable to the County Sheriff. While the printed application form distributed to the Sheriffs did not list personal checks, please note that PERSONAL CHECKS ARE NOW ACCEPTED along with money orders and cashier's checks.
Steps to Getting a Concealed Carry License:
- Complete an 8 hour Concealed Carry Course receive a certificate of completion
- Fill out an application. (Download the application from the link above or pickup in person from the Sheriff's Office.)
- Have a Passport-type photo taken and attach the photo to your application
- Write 2 personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders for your fees.
- Get fingerprinted at the Detention center
Submit the above documents to the Sheriff's Office. (Application, Certificate, Fingerprint Card, and have the Sheriff's Office make a copy of your driver's license.) Once you have submitted your application packet, you will have a wait of 45-90 days for the Attorney General's Office to contact you via mail with your next steps to acquiring your license.